Saturday, February 25, 2012

Is the I7 950 a good processor for the latest intesive games like Crysis & upcoming Crysis 2 ?

I was considering the I7 950 and thinking whether it's a good processor for modern day apps, things like encoding and and high end games like Crysis %26amp; Crysis 2. Is this processor good or do I need to look into something better.



Thanks.Is the I7 950 a good processor for the latest intesive games like Crysis %26amp; upcoming Crysis 2 ?
I'm confident that this processor will be plenty for any game you can throw at it. As long as you pair it with a nice video card and some good RAM you should have no problems. The games FPS (frames per second) will really depend on your video card for the most part. The extra RAM and processing power will just help sustain those frame rates.



As far as modern day apps, that is really subjective. Most common programs on your computer should run without flaw on this processor. It is plenty of power, and probably much more than the casual user will ever need.



The only thing that I can think of that would start giving the processor some trouble, is if you started doing some very large photo editing, adding alot of effects or doing intensive video editing. If you aren't using it as an editing studio I think you should be fine with it.



So basically, go ahead and go for it as it has plenty of power and you could always over clock it a bit or just upgrade down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment